Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

PLAY TIME

Look beyond what's now

Tuesday night as Mom and I were leaving the church small group to go home I looked up and saw a newish moon lighting some moving clouds. I said, "Oh look, Lizzie, see the moon." The others had come outside too and were and were talking among themselves as we all had been doing for the preceding two hours. The moon drew me away; I went to another place or state than the present scene.

Although it's certainly not a good practice to be mentally absent from those around you too often, it is beneficial from time to time. It will make a wider playing field for your mind and make the experience of you life richer.

As you go about your business observe, notice. Think of the attributes of what you're seeing; how does it relate to other things? How does it relate to People, governments, your family? Does it have important eternal meaning, or is it just curious? This will feed your arsenal of topics for discussion. Bring it into your life: talk with others about it, discuss it, ask questions about it.

For me this is entertaining, it's amusing. It's, well, playing. I like playing. Playing is better than work (or worse, doing nothing). It's really good if work is play.