Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

HOW DO I TREAT MANAGERS

 

 

When I was a working man it sometimes seemed hard just to go to work in the morning or to have a positive thought about what was happening there. It was easy, some might say almost natural, to think about the management, people in a superior position over me, in a negative light. Maybe this is true for many people: in our imaginations we place upon management thoughts, attitudes, and actions we have no factual knowledge about.

 

We find it easy to think of the management as careerists, self-serving and disorganized. Sometimes this is true, but are we deceived? Are they really that way? What concrete proof do we have other than feelings, unsubstantiated thoughts and hearsay? Could we list those things on paper and back them up in a court of law? Or are we perhaps deceiving ourselves?

 

I did not want to work from a deceived heart. If I held people to be wrong in my estimation I did not what myself to be wrong. I wanted to hold those wrong whom God knows to be wrong. For this reason I needed to pray to God, “Please work in me to rid deceit from my mind, my heart, my spirit. I wish only to entertain the truth. Lord, please counsel me about what I should think of this job. I am often depressed about it. Should I look for another or should I learn contentment here? Please show me directly and put people in my way to give me good counsel. When I view my authorities here at work should I try to see you in them? You in the big boss, you in the sub-boss, you and in the administrators? Or should I want the customer as the ultimate boss? When I go to them, please be with me to show me what I should see and hear. Please help me to make the correct observations and correct judgments about them. Please help me to have an open mind about what happens and what is said. Please help me to spend my time and resources wisely for the beneficial effect of your Kingdom.