Pages

Monday, August 12, 2019

WHAT TO WRITE DOWN

Instead of the exercise of - or maybe In addition to - writing down, "I will conquer my daydreaming", perhaps I should write something like, "I will control my thinking and my activity so that I spend my effort toward things productive, toward the Kingdom of Heaven".  A corollary of that is, "I will not waste my time on entertainment which is harmful to the Kingdom of God, and therefore harmful to me".

1 Corinthians 9:27  But I keep under my body [and my thoughts], and bring it [them] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

2 Corinthians 10:5  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Philippians 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

1 Timothy 4:15  Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

Joshua 24:15  . . . but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Sometimes I feel I am in a dangerous, dry and thirsty land.  I ask the Lord to please deliver me.  Please create in me something where now there is nothing.  God is the one who creates something from nothing.