Pages

Friday, November 27, 2015

YOU WILL DIE

CANCER
When I was sick Tania and Josh gave me a book in which to write my experiences with the cancer. Although I wrote some, I regret I did not write much. One of the biggest is the realization that you can eat right and exercise right but you can still get cancer. Another is that death is inevitable. Something like cancer can make you grasp the reality of it. I always knew I was going to die. Cancer brings the realization you can die tomorrow.

If I was to die immediately there would be events, relationships and situations I had left undone. Perhaps I would have to stand red-faced at an interrogation desk just on the other side of THE DOOR.

Being yet on this side of THE DOOR, however, begs me to think, "What events relationships and situations should I be engaging in now?"

As I am writing this it makes TV and movies seem less important.