Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

INERTIA

I have inertia and sometimes don't want to come away from my house to do things with people, or to have them come into my house. If I am alone I seem to desire to stay that way. I need to be very careful not to let this attitude over-take me.

All of us do not have much value alone, by ourselves. We need to have interaction with others: it's the only thing we leave behind. The only thing that changes and moves the world (or at least society) is the conversation, the letter, the touch, the physical presence. Of those, only the letter persists so as you can touch it.

Although -- the expression of love can persist through generations demonstrated by the attitudes and actions of those effected by it.

You can't do those things by siting in your house. I want to be known as a friendly, hopeful, knowledgeable man. But I can not do this if I do not see people. "He that will have friends must show himself friendly".