Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2026

FREED FROM CAPITALISM

FREED FROM CAPITALISM

I came across an article a while back that had the headline: "I live off the grid in a tiny house and freed myself from capitalism. I don't have a cell phone or ID, and I don't pay taxes — here's how". 

This is obviously an ad, probably for a book or a service. There is a picture of him standing in front of his tiny house which obviously was built of dimensional lumber (that somebody else lumbered and dimensioned, distributed and sold), has glass in the windows and doors (that somebody made), and some sort of waterproofing on top. It had to be built using tools that someone, probably a large company, made, and screws and nails too. 

He advertises on the web. How can he use the web without connection to it which someone else supplies? If he earns money from this, he should pay taxes, like you do. He is not off the grid. If he thinks he will get some sort of value from other people; he is a capitalist.

People who, for some reason, do not like "Capitalism" none the less, live my, and have greatly benefited by, Capitalism.